Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, December 14, 2009

Everything Part 1

I received an email from my Aunt Debbie informing me that I have not blogged in a very long time. So I decided I better do it and boy do I have alot to tell.

First of all my school is going great. For those of you who asked, I am getting certified in Early Childhood through 6th grade all subjects with ESL(english as a second language) and also EC - 12th grade special ed. I do not want to teach special ed, but since I will probably have a special ed student in my class that certification could help me get a job over someone without it. I have completed one course, started my second course, and only have 3 more to go. I will be done around the end of February with my EC-6th and it will take me the month of March to get the special ed one. Then of course I have to pass lots of test and try to get a job. I am also still substituting and staying busy as always.

The week before Thanksgiving Kaegen ended up running fever and getting a rash all over her body. Tim took her to the doctor to discover that she had Strep Throat. The doctor said that she would be contagious until Thursday, Thanksgiving Day. So she missed three days of school and about drove me bananas. We met my parents in San Angelo on Wednesday and sent Kreek on with them to my Mema's in Kerrville. Tim, Kaegen and I drove down on Thursday afternoon. On Saturday my brother, sister-in-law, nephew, Kreek, Kaegen and I went to the San Antonio Zoo. The kids have not been to a Zoo in about 5 years so they really enjoyed it.

Kreek woke up on Sunday running fever and also developed a rash. So on Monday off to the doctor and we caught it before it was Strep throat and he missed two days of school. Other than all the sickness, we had a blast over Thanksgiving and got to visit with lots of family.

Kreek is also involved in PIP's (players in progress - basketball). He performs at half time of every home girls varsity basketball game. He really enjoys it. Maybe he will be a good basketball player like his mom.


I will finish a part 2 tomorrow, I hope.

1 comment:

Chey-Anne Smart said...

Good luck with your schooling! That will be great to get the ESL certification. I will probably try to go back to work next year, so I will be subbing this spring, too. Tell Tim hello and ya'll have a nice holiday!
Chey-Anne (Gage) Smart